Marry an Expat of a Different Religion


Agree it’s not easy, and there’s also the other Q of which one’s religion (if the couple have different beliefs) to bring up the kids later on. So in the “ideal” situation, similar beliefs will be more “straightforward” and serve as common grounds on which other things are built. That’s my point of view, and also a key thing I looked for in my choice of spouse. Of course, religion is one thing, and because opposities attract, there are other differences too…

https://peatix.com/group/7224886 Will an Expat Leave His Wife?


As a Muslim, I feel that many people, even Muslims themselves do not understand that Islam is not a religion BUT a way of life. Hence, marrying someone of a different faith is not recommended though it is allowed for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman.

A way of life the way Islam preaches has a broader meaning than just religion to today’s culture and it has a bigger implication - of course - to a person in his/her everyday life. I’ve seen Muslim marrying non-Muslims, staying in love for a long long time and some of them later become Muslims themselves after being exposed by the practical beauty of Islam they witness everyday in life.

There’s no compulsion in religion, and we should respect each other though we believe in different things, but I feel that if I believe Islam is true and it is the way to eternal life in the Heavens I should give my future spouse/partner the chance to understand Islam and embrace it if he/she wants to without any force. Because I love him/her so much, I would want to love him/her forever right?

And I could understand why it’s hard to continue a relationship of different faiths because marriage isn’t just love, you’ll be managing your household and kids later on so faith, especially if you’re a Muslim, matters in upbringing and so on.

It’s a choice people make everyday. Love is important; but love alone without effort to sustain and nourish, love might fade with time and circumstances…if you have the guts and patience to marry someone of a different faith, it won’t be a problem then but it’s not just as simple as falling in love at the first place to anyone.

It’s great if you can have a win-win situation; keeping your faith and your loved ones…but if you have to choose, as for me myself, I will always choose faith for that is the reason I’m living and alive. Love would feel better if it helps nurture and nourish my belief and love for God. :)

I also think that it’s not right to force a person to convert to a religion just for the sake of marriage. Because the basis of religion belief comes from the inner self, it should not be controled by others.

By the way, thanks for starting up the Love Q. I’ll get it done tomorow. I just think the most important thing when considering this is deciding how you will handle things BEFORE you get married and BEFORE you have kids. Otherwise, it spells d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r. Me - Christian and hubby - buddist..So far so good. We make it clear that our house don’t display any GOD at all, but, recently, I have hang pict of Jesus with 12 discipline, and he is fine with it. For me, I guess, as long as both understood each other well, different religion actually not a very big issue…compromise is the KEY word.

Комментарии