Hey, I’m Just A Traditional Iowa Girl


Although you may get the impression from my blunt and kick ass attitude that I’m a raging feminist or even a man-hater, I am really a sweet, sensitive girl, wanting love just like anybody else. I just don’t take any shit from Iowa men, and neither should you. Not only do I want love, I am very traditional when it comes to matters of the heart, most of the time without even thinking about it, and surprise surprise, I am not alone.
Des Moines Backpage

Although Iowa women these days are no longer afraid to take charge when it comes to this dating game, most of us still prefer the men to do the courting. I know I do. It never gets old. The way it feels for a man to want you and prove it by mustering up the balls to talk to you… Priceless. I love a man to call me, text me, let me know he’s thinking about me. I love a man who takes charge and plans a date, introduces me to new things. I still want a man who knows what he wants when it comes to sex, and goes for it.

I don’t want to be the Iowa man, I don’t want to make the tough decisions, I don’t want to be the breadwinner, I don’t want to run shit. I want to fall into the arms of a man I love and trust every night ad the woman, the support, the help for him. I’m okay with that. But finding a man who I can trust enough to give that power to is the tricky part.

To all you Iowa men out there, never underestimate the power of being a gentleman, of taking charge and planning dates. There are a lot of women out there that love men that take charge.

I’m often not in the house for the night until midnight on worknights and I struggle to get to bed before 1:30. An early bird dating a night owl really is kind of annoying for both parties. I also fear that if a woman needs a okcupid date with a stranger to save her from being alone on saturday night, she’s going to be clingy because she does not have her own life. I want a girl who has her own hobbies and cool sometimes inclusive, sometimes not, social life so she adds to my life instead of resents it.

I specifically said first dates. If a woman and I are at the stage of the game where having a good dinner, and then a concert/dancing/something, followed by nice saturday all the time in the world break out the lingerie sex is reasonable, sure, that’s a Saturday night. A saturday date where the woman bails on me when I ask her back to my place is going to be a lot more awkward and offputting than it is on a tuesday. I’d rather save us both from that.

I’m usually home by 6:30, but that is absolutely by design after dealing with exactly what you are talking about, so I completely understand what you are saying. Even when I would get home at 7:30, I can still get something to eat and decompress for half an hour and make a 9pm date. Usually if the date goes well we’ll hang out from 8:30 – 11:15. If the woman is an early riser, calling it a night at 10:15 is not really a problem. It’s also not my personal preference, but a lot of women seem to like grabbing a drink right after work. I am in the gym 3 days a week, and that’s important to me, but I can schedule that around my dating and social life.

Комментарии