Men Reality Check


I'm really sorry to hear this, man. Really, I am. While I don't know what's going on, I can only hope that no matter what you guys decide, the two of you are able to reach an agreement amicably, not only for yourselves, but for your kids.

We both wish you the best and are here if you need anything.

I too, am sorry to hear this buddy. When I started my blog I wanted it to begin with a "positive" post, hence the post that you read last week.

In reality, my wife left 5 months ago and took our son with her. It was obviously over for her and I and had been for a while, but I want time with my son. Overall, your situation is not my business specifically, but my next blog post will be along this path as well. It takes a lot for a man to muster the strength to express himself through the pain, especially guys like you and I, who can write their feelings more than talking.

Just keep your head up bro. Don't let it eat you alive, or it will. I'm here if you need me.

I'm really sad to hear this, too. I've been thru a divorce, and my 2nd marriage has suffered from various marital malfunctions too. I still remember the day we sat on the sofa, arguing and crying, which led me to make the very profound statement, "we're both fucked up!" and we are. it's taken a lot of work to stay together, and we will probably always be dysfunctional and messed up. i admire you not wanting to hear negative comments about your wife. i always liked the saying that goes something like this: "there's three sides to every story- his side, her side, and the truth." we all see and feel things differently, right or wrong.

i have to comment about the wasteland and the bare trees. i was thinking about this very thing this morning. a few years back, going thru a stressful time in my life, i was walking along the river. it was winter, bitter cold, nobody else around. then i noticed a beautiful sunset. if there were leaves on the trees, i wouldn't have seen it. if it were warm out, it wouldn't have been so peaceful and calm. i felt it kind of applied to life. maybe this time in your life will help you both see more clearly. i don't know, and don't know what to say to help, other than i know what heartbreak feels like. hang in there.

I didn't post today and I almost didn't get on Blogger at all. I'm glad I did. The pain that you are feeling comes through with every word written here, it is palpable. The pictures that accompany the prose make it even more pressing, the pain is so loud I can feel it. I am so sorry to hear this. A loss like this can bring you to your knees and my heart goes out to you. I wish I could say something meaningful, something that would help, but I don't know what to say. Please take care of yourself and know that I will think of you over this holiday. Be well my friend.

Комментарии