Arkansas Backpages Newsflash


Update on the backpage situation:
No change. I know, I know… but seriously. No change. Friday we met at his place and went out for dinner, then went back to his apartment with the bottle of wine I brought and just settled in. We talked for a long time, then finally switched on the movie we had discussed. At that point I thought we were finally heading somewhere. I mean, he scootched over on the couch and put his arm around me. It was progress! So I cuddled up against him and we watched. And we watched, and we watched. At 1 AM I was finally too tired to be true and had to excuse myself. He walked me down to the car, hugged me tightly, and kissed me…
… on the cheek. I got in my car, waited until he was out of sight, and banged my head repeatedly on the steering wheel. Because seriously, who kisses you on the cheek? Your grandmother, that’s who. Not the guy you’ve gone out with four times.


We went out again on Sunday, because apparently I am just that foolish. No kiss at all that time, cheek or otherwise. So I would like to note now, for the record, that I have been out with this man five times… FIVE TIMES… and he has kissed me once on the cheek.

Last night I totally called him on it. And by totally I mean vaguely. And by called him on it, I mean initiated an awkward conversation over IM. I just kind of asked if he was just wanting to be friends or was looking for something more or what because I was confused. Then we hedged around each other for a few minutes and both admitted we weren’t sure what we were doing after all. Then he comes out with “I did kiss you the other night…” And it was everything I could do not to type “ON THE CHEEK!!!”. (I shrieked it out loud instead. Yay for IMs.) Then we each had to step away for a few minutes and when we returned, he just gleefully changed the subject and I let him.

Then he asked me out again. Seriously. Back to his backpage place for dinner in and another movie. I am stymied. I no longer have any clue what this means. I may only be going just to create more fodder for this blog so as to amuse you further. Because seriously, I couldn’t even make this up.

Five backpage dates, one grandmotherly kiss on the cheek. It’s worse than high school, I swear.

PS – I refuse to give him his nickname until he kisses me. It has been picked out for like a week now and I am not letting him have it until he earns it. Otherwise he will remain that guy who didn’t kiss me. So there.

Комментарии