Holidaying in England… AND HONEYMOONING IN Arizona


It has come to my attention that in two days, I will be in Europe. With all the excitement of July’s Fringe Festival, new job, and the Weddingbells competition, a countdown never really registered, and here I am, on the other side of it all, still sitting next to an empty suitcase!  Sweet and I fly out on Thursday afternoon, and it’s his first time to Europe, and my first time home in WAY too long. Our main reason for going is so he can meet my family and friends, because it’s unlikely they’ll be able to make the trip for the wedding, and it’s important to both of us that they, especially my grandparents, get to meet the man I’m marrying in four months. Of course, while we’re there, we’re going to do a few touristy things, some of which will be new to me, too, and there are a few things in the next two weeks that I’m ridiculously excited for…
1. Meeting Stephen and Aly in London. My first international blogger meetup! These are two of my absolute favourites, and I can’t think of a better way to say hello than in one of the best places in the world.
2. Seeing Wicked! in the West End. I love musicals (if you couldn’t tell from the vlog), and I’ve taken Sweet to see a couple of local productions but never anything on a world-class scale. The tickets were shockingly expensive, but this was something we couldn’t pass up. 
3. Seeing friends I’ve known my entire life. The Internet’s a wonderful thing for keeping in touch, but you can’t beat seeing someone face to face and giving them a massive hug after not seeing them in years.
4.  Showing Sweet my old house, and taking him on the walk I did to school every day. Through the park, into town, under a bridge, up the High Street, down the cobblestones, past the pub, and up Walkern Road to my old senior school. Which, according to this, is now a “Technology College”. :S
5. Travelling around on the train, like Proper Tourists. As well as going sightseeing around London, we’re also going up north to Leeds and York, where we’re staying in a posh hotel, visiting the GORGEOUS York Minster, an amazing Gothic cathedral, going on a ghost tour, going to the viking centre and visiting the Dungeons. I love York, and I can’t wait to explore it for the first time in over ten years!
6. Did somebody say Spain? I’ve never actually been to mainland Spain, and inter-Europe flights are wonderfully cheap. We were torn on where to go for a couple of days, but we decided on somewhere new for both of us: Madrid. The architecture looks incredible, and I imagine the streets will be full of life and colour fresh after the World Cup win. There are sightseeing tours by coach, and since my sense of direction is absolutely atrocious, I think this is the way to go.

I’m beyond excited, and this time I actually have a laptop, so the 9 hours on a plane are going to be filled with writing. There’s also a strong possibility of indoctrination into Battlestar Galactica as I’ve been informed by more fellow nerds than I can count that I am in serious need of catching up. (Can someone tell me whether I need to start with BSG or Caprica?)  We’re calling this our “pre honeymoon”, since financially, this’ll be it for a very long time! Or it would be… if we didn’t WIN THE WEDDINGBELLS COMPETITION!!
The past week has just CRAWLED by, but yesterday, the results were officially announced. WE DID IT!!! We’re going to one of the top 100 resorts in the WORLD – I can’t even begin to imagine how incredible this is going to be.  And I cannot thank you all enough for your AMAZING help and support in keeping me in the lead for so long!!! I didn’t allowed myself to get excited even after the voting closed, JUST in case…  and I seriously can’t even begin to describe how much I appreciate each and every single one of you who’ve supported me and voted every day, helped me poster, flyer, spam your friends and family and put up with my SHAMELESS self promotion (something I won’t be sad to see coming to an end!)!
I am literally still in shock. For so long I was in such a bad place – with bad guys, who did a lot of damage, with bad people, with no self esteem or sense of self at all, and for a long time I really felt like I had nothing to offer the world.  I never dreamed the day would come where I’d meet not only the man who’d bring me love and happiness, but teach me to follow my dreams, believe in myself, and put myself out there. It was thanks to him I started writing, and thanks to writing I got into the contest, and into blogging, where I was lucky enough to meet all of you. I have to apologise for the copious amount of sap here but I honestly feel blessed to be part of this incredible community – so many of you have been there for me when things are craptastic, cheering me on when things are going well, and believing in me when I couldn’t do it for myself. Some of my closest friendships started through blogging and for everything this community is, I am truly thankful.
You are seriously the BEST TEAM EVER, and I am so very lucky to have you in my life. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!! <3 <3

Комментарии